Turn the Page

Friday, July 24, 2015

Away for the weekend.

He is taking her camping with his family. Basically so that his family can see that he is happy. She's one of the many girls that we has taken around his family. Sometimes it feels awkward just for her to be "the new girl." But she is his wife and has a position and duty to uphold.

Everywhere she goes, she gets treated like shit. At home, at work. Basically life in general.

She starts a job and gets along with everyone, but as soon as she starts moving up and becoming recognized, her bosses begin to treat her like the dirt they wipe off of their feet before walking into their homes. Maybe it's her fault. maybe she deserves this. Let's face it, she never was perfect.

Do you ever read those stories about "lost causes", people who don't really have a place in this world? People who were born by mistake but were never actually supposed to be here? I've read the stories and I fear that is her fate.

Her husband tried flirting with her today. Saying, "Will you smother me with your big boobs when you get home?" Sadly, she replied, "If you want me to." "Of course I want to you", was his reply. What is it? Instinct? Not wanting to admit that she is a worthless person who means absolutely nothing more than a security blanket to avoid him having to feel and be alone?

What the fuck is this life for anyway? For someone like her to be made to feel like every single day is a mistake, like it does not matter what you do in life, regardless if it's good or bad; that nothing matters and that you will never be good enough?!

I wish I had the ability to hug her. To just pull her close and hold her tightly. To tell her that everything will be okay, that things will work out like they are supposed to. But I can't. I can't lie to her. I can't make her feel any better because nothing in life will ever be better. We are the generation who will be forced to witness the end of mankind.

She wanted to change the world. She had the ability to do it. But she is so far lost in her depression that nothing can save her. I can't save her.

No comments:

Post a Comment